Forgot your key? It happens to the best of us. With the free Hubway mobile app, you can access and unlock bikes at any time & plan your trips. When you arrive at your intended station:
- Click on the station from the system map
- Select "Unlock a bike" to receive a temporary ride code (active for 30 seconds)
- Enter the five digit ride code on the key pad on the dock
It is that simple! With the Blue Bikes, you don't have to rely on the kiosk or your key to ride - and it is also a useful tool to plan and track your trips. Get the app here.
You can also use the credit card associated with your account to get a temporary ride code. Here's how:
- Go to any Blue Bikes kiosk and insert the credit card associated with your account (don't worry, you won't be charged)
- Follow the steps on the kiosk to get a one-time-use ride code. Once you have your ride code, type it into the keypad on a dock with an available bike to unlock the bike
- To ride again - repeat the process
Please note: It's ok to occasionally use your credit card instead of your key. However, if we see frequent switching between credit card and key this alerts us to the possibility of suspicious activity on your account and we may have to suspend your account.