If you received an email about an open rental ("Looks like you've had that bike out for a while...") but are no longer riding, we encourage you to head back to the station to ensure the bike is properly docked. Please note that after the initial time included in your pass price or membership, your credit card on file will be charged usage fees.
Single Rides are covered for the first 30 minutes. For Day Passes holders, the first 2 hours of each ride are included. Annual and monthly members have first 45 minutes are included for each ride, and Income-Eligible members have the first 60 minutes of each ride included.
Every additional 30 minutes costs an additional $4 for all riders expect income-eligible members. The pass holders will be charged $2 for every 30 minutes after the included ride time.
If you have an open rental but have already returned the bike, the bike may not have been docked properly. If you remember where you docked the bike, return to that station and re-dock the bike – make sure that you get a green light on the dock, which indicates that it is locked.
If you're certain that you docked the bike properly and got a green light on the dock, it may be that the station is having connectivity issues and we have not yet gotten the update that your ride has ended. In these cases, the issue should resolve itself within a couple of hours. Log into your account online, click on Account Summary, and make sure your "Last Trip" has an ending date/time. If you need to rent a bike before that, please call customer service at 1-855-948-2929 and describe the situation.
You can also try the following troubleshooting steps to successfully dock your bike:
- Push the bike into the dock and hold firmly in place for at least 5 seconds
- Reposition the triangle so that it is perpendicular to the station, and hold in place to guide it into the dock
- Lift the bike from the seat while pushing/pulling the bike
- If the triangle on the bike is loose, put one hand on the triangle and one on the bike, then guide it into the dock
- Check inside the dock to see if an object is jammed inside that would prevent the triangle from going in
- Also check to see if there are objects surrounding the dock that may block the front wheel of the tire