Residents and commuters who receive public assistance are eligible for discounted Bluebikes memberships:
- $5 30-day Pass
- $50 Annual Pass
The Income-Eligible membership includes:
- Bikes available 24/7 across Metro Boston
- Unlimited 60-minute rides (rides longer than 60 minutes will result in additional fees of $2 per 30 minutes)
How to buy a pass:
- Online: SNAP cardholders can sign up online by entering their SNAP Card number on this page, and completing the online registration pages.
- In-Person: anyone who receives public assistance can visit an in-person enrollment center to verify their participation in a public assistance program, and sign up for their membership. You can either set up an appointment or drop by during certain hours to sign up. Learn more.
Accepted forms of Public Assistance:
- Free or Reduced Lunch*
- Fuel Assistance (LIHEAP)
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8)
- Pell Grants
- Public Housing (e.g. Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, or Somerville Housing Authorities)
* Accounts without a credit card on file may be suspended until usage fees are paid.
Eligibility: Income-eligible memberships are available to Boston residents ages 16 and older who qualify.