When you properly dock a bike, you'll see a green light on the dock. If you did not see a green light, or if you see a yellow or red light, then that means your trip may still be open and we will continue to charge you for your journey.
If you’re having trouble docking a bike, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Push the bike into the dock and hold firmly in place for at least 5 seconds
- Reposition the triangle so that it is perpendicular to the station, and hold in place to guide it into the dock
- Lift the bike from the seat while pushing/pulling the bike
- If the triangle on the bike is loose, put one hand on the triangle and one on the bike, then guide it into the dock
- Check inside the dock to see if an object is jammed inside that would prevent the triangle from going in
- Also check to see if there are objects surrounding the dock that may block the front wheel of the tire
If you’re still having trouble docking your bike after using the above steps, try a different dock at that same station. It may also be beneficial to try a different station altogether in case the station is offline.
If you're still not able to dock the bike, please contact Bluebikes customer service or call 1-855-948-2929, now supported by Lyft. You can enable push notifications for the Bluebikes mobile app, so you'll get a confirmation every time you've successfully docked the bike. Please do not leave your bike unattended.
If you’re nearing the ride limit and are attempting to dock at a station that is full (30 minutes for Single Rides, 2-hours for Day Pass holders, 45 minutes for Monthly and Annual Members, and 60 minutes for Income-eligible riders), we’d be happy to offer you an extra 15 minutes to find a dock – just go to the kiosk, select “No bike docks available?” and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you prefer to receive an email confirmation, you can sign up through your Bluebikes account online – log into your account through the website, scroll down to "Membership status," click on "Manage notifications," check the box next to "Yes, send me an email notification each time I return a bike" and click the "Change" button.